Saturday 3 August 2019

Reactor Progress 4/N

Framing done! Now we give it some life.

And we're definitely a reactor now...

the start of a door

Inspired by this pic found on some google image search or another, I went an ordered some giant flexi resin cables from Zinge Industries.

I can't exactly suspend anything from a ceiling, so the intent is that these will connect from the reversed eye sockets etc of the purple sun - what a bizarre sentence that is - and then up to the conduits built into the back wall now.

noodly appendages conduits and sockets

I also started buffing up the ladders into something that looked liek it was designed for the place a little more; those ladder hoop things and connected railings. The curved railing sections are nowhere near "enough" but I'm still thinking on how to get there.

ladders

This primary entrance is the latest change and in progress. Inspired by a conversation in the shed, some pieces kicking around my bits-box for ages, and some obvious (or maybe obvious later) source material.

the start of a door

And finally for this week, that leaves just the closure on the framing stage, which in this case means the back/exterior of the lift and the mechanism solution. Ultimately I felt the whole carriage and track was holding me back, so instead I'm going with a simple slot a handle can extend through and I'll fix magnets or some sort of catch at relevant points to hold the lift up.

back of lift

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment