Sunday 24 November 2019

Reactor Progress 9/N - Bad News & Paint

Bad news up front. Due to family commitments made on my behalf, I can't make Salute 2020 any more.

That's been pretty demoralising and demotivating obviously, so it's taken a while to get to another post. I guess the good news is the build is complete and it's base coated up now (which is hard to do in between the rainy days). A few status pics then:





Very important to tape over the LEDs before you spray!

So I'll find some time to paint her up, and then do all the micro assembly of the components, but to finish it requires a resin pour which will need to be consistently toned across the rest of the "canal". Honestly I'm a bit done with the canal stuff but I definitely need some sort of corner (or two, annoyingly) and some kind of cap-piece. Gonna try and keep those brief and functional though.

After that, I dunno. Either crack on for an entirely different thing for Salute 2021, or maybe start clipping some of the Dark Uprising sprues. Ship's bridge maybe?

2 comments:

  1. Guess that means I won't be able to ogle the completed board at Salute then...rats :-(
    I'll just have to make do with reading the blogs and ogling at the pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not next year, no. I feel like I need to do something else next time but I might try and rope someone in and do two tables in 2021.

      Delete